The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309)

This visa allows you to live in Australia if you are the spouse or de facto partner of:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).

Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart. You lodge an application form for your temporary and pay an application charge, then lodge an application form for a permanent visa.

You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.

Should you be unable to meet the criteria immediately, we can advise you on steps to make migration possible in the future. Please complete our enquiry form, so we can assist you further.

Document Checklist:

Visa Applicant