Citizens of Peru can apply for Work and Holiday visa Subclass 462
As of 1 October 2017, citizens of Peru will be able to apply for a Work and Holiday visa Subclass 462, following the reciprocal arrangement signed by Australia and Peru in May this year.
The Work and Holiday visa Subclass 462 is similar to the Working Holiday visa 417. The main difference being the countries eligible to apply for either visa.
Generally, you can apply for the Subclass 462 if you:
- Are aged between 18 and 30 years (not yet turned 31);
- You hold a passport from any of the following countries:
- China, People’s Republic of
- San Marino
- Slovak Republic
- You meet the educational requirements for your passport country. In most cases, you must have at least a tertiary qualification or completed at least 2 years of undergraduate university studies;
- Your main reasons for entering Australia are as a genuine visitor and you intend to leave Australia before your visa expires;
- You have sufficient funds to leave Australia and to support yourself during your stay;
- You will not be accompanied by any dependent children during your visit; and
- You have sufficient means of finding temporary work to supplement your holiday funds.
This visa lets you:
- Stay in Australia for up to 12 months from the date of first entry into Australia;
- Enter and leave Australia as frequently as you like in the 12 month period;
- Study or train for up to 4 months;
- Work, but only for a maximum of 6 months with any one employer;
- Apply for a further 12 month visa extension, provided that you can show evidence of having completed at least 3 months eligible Subclass 462 work in any of the approved industries including plant and animal cultivation, fishing and pearling, tree farming and felling, as well as tourism and hospitality.